Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friday Night Drinks...on Saturday



Good Friday is the one day of the year I try not to work at all including not going online. So Friday Night Drinks this week are on Saturday night. Inspired by the Easter weekend tonight's drinks recipe is Nigella's hot chocolate with rum. This chocolate dress looks incredible though Im really not sure how she managed to wear it without it melting or cracking.

Nigella's Alcoholic Hot Chocolate
2 cups milk
3 1/2 dark chocolate
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark rum
Directions
Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.
Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into cups. Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. As for the 'dress', may I suggest licking it clean away before it melts. I volunteer.

    Enjoy your Hot Chocolate. Happy Easter, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and Fashion! You can't lose, Maiden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im betting she had plenty of offers for that Cro! If I could somehow work chocolate in to my every day fashion it would be perfect Tom..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if she is wearing any Snickers..

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY GOOD overhere - I wish I had thought of that.

    ReplyDelete