Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Night Drinks


Im mad about blueberries so when I stumbled across this cocktail I knew I would have to try it.  This beautiful Givenchy dress would suit me perfectly to wear to tonight and I think I a great place to enjoy would be under the Wisteria (see below post).  Happy Friday!

5 blueberries

1/2 oz. lemongrass syrup
3/4 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. Pagés Parfait Amour Liqueur
1 1/2 oz. Gin
Bitter Lemon Soda
2 purple and 2 white violets
Lavender stem with flower

Fill a glass with ice, interspersing violets throughout. In a mixing glass, combine berries, syrup, and lemon juice. Muddle thoroughly. Add spirits and fill glass with ice. Shake vigorously. Add bitter lemon soda to mixture. Strain mixture into glass. Garnish with 2 blueberries, a long thin lemon twist, and a lavender sprig.
(To make lemongrass syrup, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add 4 stalks chopped lemongrass. Let boil until reduced by half. Turn off heat and add 2 1/2 cups sugar. Stir well and strain. Let cool before using and refrigerate between use).

1 comment: